Hi Benjamin,

thanks for the reference. I must have been blind - I've read through this page
several time but somehow didn't find the term "double-strings".

Baron bought his lute shortly after he got into the duty of the prussian court
which was in 1737, 10 years after he published the passage you have quoted.

So we cannot know what Weiss played at 1727, just what Baron played. What we
can assume is that Baron played a theorbo like that of Weiss *after* 1737.

But still we do not know for sure how it was tuned.

Best wishes
Thomas

--
Thomas Schall