From: "Eugene C. Braig IV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Mar 11, 2005 10:15 AM
To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: RE: Plumwood

A minor clarification: Prunus is the generic name of cherries and plums,
e.g., Prunus serotina (the only North American species of importance as a
timber producer) is the wild black cherry, Prunus being the genus and
serotina the specific epithet.  I believe a number of European Prunus spp.
are marketed as "plumwood."  These are all members of the rose family.

Eugene