Dear all

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Eugene C. Braig IV wrote:

> Put a horse and a donkey together, and you get an obviously intermediary
> hybrid, the mule. Nobody is giving birth to dragons and chimeras.

This reminds me of an old story that happened to me years ago. I have
told the story also here years ago, but perhaps all have not heard it:
Once upon a time I went to an Irish pub here in Finland - yes there were
and are such things also here in Finland. I played the spoons with the
house band, and later one of the real players, an Irishman, came to talk
with me. He was very exited when I told that I play the lute in "real
life". And he told me he would like to build a lute himself. I said that
I know where you can order drawings of original lutes. He answered: "No,
no, I want to make it just from my own ideas." If that guy some day made
something, which he called "lute", what was that thing afterall? Was it a
lute if he called it so?   ;-)

All the best

Arto