> lutenist's on a regular basis. I think the Baroque lute is an
excellent
> way to break the ice.  Most guitarist thesedays, seem to relate more
> Bach, and Weiss than ren music.
> Perhaps next year we can have Michel Cardin.
> Michael Thames
>A BIG mistake. He can't play his way out of a paper >bag. You'd only
turn
>people away from the lute. Get Edin Karamazov, Ariel >Abramovich or
Eduardo
>Eg=FCez.
>RT

       Michel Cardin is one of the finest players I've ever heard, and I
heard most everyone. He is one of the only players, I've heard that can
properly embellish a repeat. And he does it constantly well.  His
enthusiasm for Weiss and the Baroque lute are inspiring.

 Cardin has managed his way out " bag " of the London MS quite well. No
easy feat !  while most guys are trying He done it.  His dedication and
artistry are second to none.
  It's easy for people to tear down a barn, try building one.
   With all due respect to Edwardo Egez, and believe me hats off to
anyone who can play the baroque as well as he can.  A little too much
reverb, and please Quit playing Bach on the lute!  And speed up those
tempos a little.  Beautiful CDs though.
   I 've never heard Ariel, or Edin.
Michael Thames
www.ThamesClassicalGuitars.com