  From: Michael Thames<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Lute net<mailto:lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
  Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 7:21 AM
  Subject: Barto at the GFA

     For a refreshing change of subject matter.  I don't know if anyone
  noticed Mr. Barto is officially on the roster of this years GFA.

http://www.guitarfoundation.org/schedule05.asp<http://www.guitarfoundatio
n.org/schedule05.asp>

     I fought very hard to get him on, they said initially there would
be
  no lute players this year.  through my constant persistence, and power

  of persuasion, and threats of withholding future guitar orders, not to

  mention Mr. Barto's exquisite playing they gave in.
     Unfortunately, the only slot left, by that time was an afternoon
  concert, He deserves an evening slot, but what can you do?
      This is a great opportunity for the elite of the guitar world, to
  hear something special, my hope is that in the future, this will set
  some kind of president for future GFA's, and they will start to have
  lutenist's on a regular basis. I think the Baroque lute is an
excellent
  way to break the ice.  Most guitarist thesedays, seem to relate more
  Bach, and Weiss than ren music.
        Perhaps next year we can have Michel Cardin.
  Michael Thames
  www.ThamesClassicalGuitars.com<http://www.thamesclassicalguitars.com/>