Dear Marion,

I am not a builder but have learned that a flater body projects better and
results in a more *brilliant* and *stonger* sound.
The number of ribs determines how much of the sound will come back to you (I'm
not sure if I'm clear here).
This all is also influenced by the barring and the top. I think nobody can
tell what the best sound is. It will be best to describe your wishes to the
builder of your choice and he or she will try to come as close to it as
possible. Markus Dietrich also offered to adjust the sound (by adjusting the
barring) if his realisation of my ideas wouldn't meet my expectations. As far
as I have experiences with other builders they are all helpfull and usually
will make minor adjustments at your wishes - it's their interest to have
satisfied customers.
I think it's a good idea to try different models by different makers and find
out what you like most. Occassions are for example the "lute tasting" of the
LSA or players meetings whereever you may be.

Happy Easter
Thomas

--
Thomas Schall