I bought two and sold the one that I did not like as well. THe
more I hear about others' experiences with these lutes the
luckier I feel to have received one of the better ones.

The main problem with the Pakistani lutes is quality control.
Sometimes they arrive in playable condition and sometimes
not. Sure, the rose is not very elegant and the case is not
exactly form fitted, but these are not problems related to
the playability of the instruments.

The problems I had with the lute I sold were not so much
about the action, which was fine, but rather the string spacings
at the nut on one of them were so bad that the courses were
too close together and grouped incorrectly. Obviously, whoever
made this lute had never tried to play one. I modified the nut
so that the instrument was at least playable and sold it. If I had
not bought two of them I would have thought that none of them
was playable.

I still have the other one as a backup, just so I can practice on
something should my decent Tumiati lute (God forbid!) should
ever need to go into the luthier shop for some reason.

If I had more time to spend on the Pakistani lute that I kept,
I would replace all the nylon frets with gut. I have already
replaced some of the strings with Nygut. So many music
projects and so little time...

Cheers,
Marion