>Yes - it's a pity that many lute players repeat the same >pieces all over
>again. But in difference to the guitar world we do have a >vast repertoire
>and it's work for generations to bring it back on stage.

    Regardless of how huge the repertoire is, either in the guitar world, or
lute world, people play the most popular and well composed stuff.
  However, there are still some who insist on torturing themselves and
others.... Taunenbaum  I've heard has done yet another recording of
Hense's "Royal Winter Music".  I rather be eaten alive by South American
Ants!
Michael Thames
www.ThamesClassicalGuitars.com