-----Original Message-----
From: Roman Turovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Michael Thames <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; LUTE-LIST <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:30:05 -0400
Subject: Re: lute outreach

>> 1. Carbon strings held tuning throughout the 10-hour >overnight ride to
>> Cleveland. 11th course octave was a little flat in the >morning. I didn't
>> touch a peg for the rest of the weekend
>
> So let me get this straight, your saying over a three day period from NY.
> In different rooms, hotel, houses, concert hall etc. you didn't touch a peg
> other than your 11th course.  You are either "pitch challenged", or prone to
> spinning  tall tales, most likely both!
> Michael Thames
1. Our main vocalist Julian Kytasty has perfect pitch, so he would have
mentioned it if I were out of tune.
2. I am "pitch challenged" so I use devices. My Korg-AT1 didn't say anything
either.
3. I guess I have to thank Larry Brown for a really stable intrument. Maybe
you should apprentice to him.
4. One other possibility is that Ken Be' tuned my axe when I wasn't looking,
on Saturday, but it is not very likely.
RT

Yes, not likely that I tuned it, I can attest.
By the way, Roman's lute DID seem well in tune after all it's travels
(so did my all-gut strung 11 course after coming out of its case for the 1st in
two months!)
Kenneth