Dear Martin,

The neck and the shape of the body would suggest IMHO it's not a theorbo but a
german baroque lute. This would also suggest double courses for the basses.
To be sure we would need the measures of the body.

I would opt for 2 single courses on the top, 5 doublecourses on the
fingerboard and 4 doublecourses for the basses.

best wishes
Thomas

--
Thomas Schall