> >No mention of runs with thumb-index which are so common in Gaultier and
> >Gallot and Mouton, and still occur in Reusner.
>
> Did you look on page 71 Daumenschlag 3: Wechselschlag zwischen Daumen
> und Zeigefinger?

yes, you are right, indeed. I overlooked it, I guess, because it is in
the middle of scale exercises with RH fingerings like p-i-m-i starting
from the 6th course upwards. I confess I didn't feel like practising
that.

> Also a few bars in Gavotte page 74 and following pieces? Admitted,
> exceptions, but still mentioned!

Yes! Why did this happen to me! ;) It's my favourite suite of this whole
method. I'd love to get to know the source. It appears to me as though
Giesbert supplied fingerings for the sake of teaching. It's so
*complete*.

Best wishes,

Mathias