Dear G=F6ran,

I will not get into the discussion myself although, as most of you, have my own
views and opinions.
In the past, I told Arto and some of the other members what I think about
posting this sort of messages to the list.
What I personally find to be quite an error, is that you don't follow your own
advise  ("...This is precisely why I have always abstained from trying to
propagate religious or political views on this list. We've seen where it leads
to. It can't be said enough times. There are heaps and heaps of lists, where
people can discuss political or religious matters to their hearts content.
There are very few lists, where lovers of the lute are able to do the same. Do
you want to pollute it?...") and you tell Arto that he shouldn't do something
that you've done yourself extensively, and all in the same email.
Your opinions are also as political (whether we-you like it-them or not) and
one sided as Arto's, and in strict terms also out of place in this list,
according to what you think (and I) it is conceived for.
For many years I've been participating in political debates, writing in
magazines and discussion groups. I'd be happy to provide information about all
these to any of you, if exists the necessity of expressing and sharing thoughts
with other individuals about all that sort of items.
Here and now, my humble opinion is that I'm happy writing and reading about
lutes and lute music here, and uncomfortable with either Arto's of anyone
else's political messages.
In the past I made the mistake of getting into the arguments taking place on
the list, and I regret.
Please, excuse my English, and keep in mind that I might not be aware of the
courtesy formula for this kind of things.
Regards,