Mathias

I have not heard the recording but the division or
double might possibly have been improvised by Mr.
Beier, as was the practice by lewters ond others from
that time period.There is a good article in an old LSA
newsletter (80's or early 90's I think) where someone
uses Galelei's works to demonstrate how to do this. I
love this manuscript because it heavily leans in the
direction of the "broken" style of variation.

Sal Salvaggio