From: Garry Bryan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23 May 2005 12:55
To: lute list
Subject: RE: Stradivari lute?

[GB>]

Lundberg did not say that lute bellies weren't symmetrical, just that
the lute
as a whole doesn't have a clear center line.

If you'll look at page 76 ( Practicum One: Making the Form ) in
"Historical Lute
Construction", you'll notice that Lundberg's instructions coincide with
what you
describe above.

I'm sure that Martin Shepherd (first name out of the brain this
morning.) or
someone else can probably give a concise description of the "asymmetry"
of the
lute. It's too early for me; I need more coffee >:)