Am 6 Jun 2005 um 23:33 hat G.R. Crona geschrieben:

> Otherwise, I think it would be very interesting, to make an inventory of the
> pieces in the collected lute canon there are for 5 course lute (and also 5
> course vihuela for that matter - i.e Mudarra?), as they imply works that
> are from the 15th century or earlier, and therefore especially worthwile of
> study, as there isn't a lot of lute music from that time. (But perhaps some
> medieval lute enthusiasts have done this already?)

Hi Göran,

this would be interesting indeed. However, I think the fact that pieces of
music don't
use all strings of any time-fitting instrument doesn't necessarily mean they
are
intended for their ancestors. Pedagogical and musical reasons might very well
call for
a smaller ambitus.

Best regards,

Stephan