Hi all

I did some Googling and found the recording I told about - well actually
a 2-CD version of the old 3-LP recording. The page I found is:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002SSB/102-5627750-3067359?v=glance#product-details

and the recording is
 The Art of Courtly Love by David Munrow & co. (LP 1973, CD 1996)

The liner notes are not there, but now everybody can check her/his
record collection, read the liner notes if found, and repeat it
here... ;-)

It that page there are some reviews, though. Here are some clips:

"The first part is devoted to Guillaume Machault’s songs, works which
can be dated around 1350 to 1360. The second part of the programme is
concerned with the so-called avantgarde from Avignon (including names
such as Matteo da Perugia), composers who wrote for esoteric circles
around 1380 to 1410. And the third part (the third LP of the original)
is devoted to fifteenth-century music from the court of Burgundy, the
two great composers here being Dufay and Binchois."

"The Old French texts are printed in full with English translations, so
it is possible to follow every nuance."

"The second part is weirdness from the Avignon court of the Popes, the
time when rhythmic notation got more sophisticated, and composers grew
more experimental. The unusual chromaticism of -Fumeux fume- is given a
great performance here. The -Tre fontane- estampie is given a reading
here that is truly frenzied. -Plasanche, ou tost- is a lovely song. You
also get rhythmic oddities like -Le greygnour bien-."

"The sleeve note, written by Munrow himself, provides wonderful
explanations of the hallmarks of each composer's style. "

Arto