Hi,
it is a guitar-lute, but that doesn't say anything on the age of the belly.
In fact some guitar-lutes have been built by using old bodys.

But from the pictures you won't be able to say anything exact. It could be or
couldn't be ...

Best
Markus

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:42:21 -0700 (PDT), Steve Ramey wrote:

SR> Hi all,
SR>
SR> Looks a lot like a really nicely done guitar-lute.  I have a number of them
and the peg head and apparent almost black color of the ribs are the only
'unusual for guitar-lute' aspects.