>At a guess I'd have to say that when a person who studies >Renaissance and
Medieval music calls a thing modern, >200 easily falls into that category.
It's not an insult, just a >fact of the thing being only 200 vs. 400 or more
years >old. Historians also often tend to call anything younger >than the
English Renaissance "modern".

>Regards,

         I see your point, BTW right now I'm listening to some " relatively
modern", Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, and Weiss, not to mention a little modern
guitar music by Sor.
>Craig

Michael Thames
www.ThamesClassicalGuitars.com