About those reviews - the LSA has a new reviews editor, who some of you
will recognize from this list. If you have music or a CD and want
considered for review send it to:
Howard Posner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
2734 Oakhurst Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90034

I want to reinforce what Arthur has said about sending things for review.
Wayne Cripps has told me that there are about 300 people in this lute email
list.  When the LSA prints a review we make about 1100 copies and many of
these reviews will remain in university library archives for a long time
into the future.

Also while I'm on this topic - do join other lute societies. The LSA and
the Lute Society (England) work together to offer different publications
and services to our members. This is so many people will want to join both
societies.
Nancy Carlin
LSA Administrator

>And it might help if you advertised your editions.  I am one of the few
>members of the GLS in the U.S.  So a vast number of lutenists over here
>are unaware of GLS publications.  And do you send out copies for review?
>Not just to lute societies, but to places like the Music Library
>Association. Similarly I am aware of publications of the Dutch Lute
>Society because I am one of a few non-Netherlanders to belong to that
>society.  They also need to advertise their publications. And transfer of
>funds is another problem for us over here.  To pay foreign dues, the bank
>charges are often

Nancy Carlin Associates
P.O. Box 6499
Concord, CA 94524  USA
phone 925/686-5800 fax 925/680-2582
web site - www.nancycarlinassociates.com

Administrator THE LUTE SOCIETY OF AMERICA
web site - http://LuteSocietyofAmerica.org