Hi to all,

  It seems that Ness is saying that a keyboard composition, reworked
(arranged) for lute, can qualify as an original lute piece.  Thames is saying,
not so.
 Do I have this right?  I'm a little confused about this thread...  I've
published several books with Mel Bay Publications of my arrangements for
guitar:
works by Debussy, Handel, Strauss, Bach, Schubert, Mozart, etc.  Even though a
lot of creative work goes into these arrangements; in no way would I consider
them to now qualify as original guitar compositions.  I've had a very busy and
tiring week, so forgive me if I'm missing the obvious; but it seems to me
that Michael has a valid point about all this.  Being a nice person and valued
musicologist is not the issue here, is it?

James