From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: Re: OT: Mozart for guitar

In a message dated 8/3/2005 2:36:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Segovia also said:
The song of the piano is a discourse.
The song of the 'cello is an elegy.
But the song of the guitar is a song.

(Actually, to be more correct, he said "The zonk of the guitar is a
zonk", but I have translated/transliterated)

But what is the song of the lute?

The song of the lute is transcendental.

James