Arto, Roman, etc.

     I've been reading through the Brescianello on
guitar for the past few weeks.  It not the most
sublime music on earth, but it is good listening:
quite interesting with unexpected harmonic twists and
occasional outbursts of drama that are rare in either
the lute or guitar repertoire.  I think guitarists
would do very well to delve into some of this stuff as
it is just about all (with the exception of some
scordatura) easily playable on a modern instrument.
     Would it be heresy to contemplate tuning the
third course up a half step and performing it on a G
lute?  Just how different IS the Gallichon
structurally from our beloved six-coursers?

Chris Wilke