All this mandora/gallichon talk has me a little worked up.  There is a
marvelous matched ca. 1790 mandolino/mandola pair by Presbler in storage at
the Met.  Their decor is almost identical and they appear to have been
built as a set.  The mandolino is in six courses and I would assume
intended for standard g to g" tuning.  The mandola is in seven courses with
a ca. 60 cm scale (maybe a touch more: I don't have measurements on
hand).  I know of at least one other 7-course mandola/mandora by
Presbler.  Anybody care to speculate on tuning?

Eugene