Dear Listers,

     One more question regarding the gallichon (us
moderns seem to have agreed on that term and spelling
in reference to some kind of standardized instrument):
how does one pronounce the word?  "Galli-" I get, but
is the ch in "chon" pronounced as in German, French,
Spanish, Italian,...other?  And where's the accent?  I
have a hunch that its a word used in German-speaking
lands, but I've only seen the it in print.

Chris