> makes most sense if you "glue" the pinky on the soundboard because it's
> much
> easier to obtain a stable position of the right hand.

Indeed, as opposed to my guitar habit of keeping 'a' in touch with the first
string.

> A look into guitar methods of the early 19th century also gives hint: Sor
> has
> advoated a similar technique and he is said to have a RH-Technique in
> "lute-tradition".

That is an oversimplification, I think, but he does go into detail how angle
of fingers and omission of ring-finger go together. Sor used no nails, and I
believe 19th century guitarists with nails had a different hand position
(and used their ring finger more). But this is more a subject for another
list.

David