  From: LGS-Europe
  To: Arthur Ness
  Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 4:37 AM
  Subject: Re: [LUTE] Melchior Neusidler

  Dear ARthur

  I have already repied to you via the list. But a question specifically to
  you:
  Francesco's intabulation of Quando io penso al martire has come to us in
  four prints, Gardano 1547, 1562, 1563, 1566. Are they all the same, or do
  they have differences? All I have is the 1562 Minkoff facsimile.

  This project of comparing intabulations has started out as a small thing,
  but I find it very interesting to compare styles, ficta, and perhaps even
  lineage of sources used.

  David