Patrick
   Do not! Do not miss  MuseƩ de la Musique! (Which you have referred to as
"the Music Museum") Most of instruments from the public Museums in Paris have
been gathered there so there is very little in the others. If you see something
on the website that you'd particularly like to examine, you can make
arrangements to examine it closely if you make an appointment a month or so
ahead of time.
   The MuseƩ Jacque-mart-Andre at 158 boulevard Haussmann has one of the few
remaining vuiela's. The entrance fee is a little high but there is a lot of
other interesting stuff there also.

Craig

Craig R. Pierpont
Another Era Lutherie
www.anotherera.com

Patrick H <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I was thinking about a trip to Paris in the Spring.
Besides the Music Museum, http://www.cite-musique.fr/anglais/musee/, what are
the other good places to see lutes and other early instruments?

Patrick

"Ladies and gentlemen, I've suffered for my music ... now it's your turn."