Yes, something does seem to go badly wrong with it. I thought it must
just be problems with the MIDI, but then I printed it out and tried
to play it on the piano. I don't know this piece but it looks as if
the parts manage to get seriously mangled somewhere in bars 4 and 5
and my guess is that part 1 gets to be 2 beats ahead by bar 6 and
stays that way to the end. This could be what me and my friend Edward
who plays the recorder sound like when we are together, but I'm sure
you're right in thinking that Dowland wouldn't appreciate it.

Eric