I agree and do play this way. But putting the pinky on or behind the bridge is
a bit more extreme. I've not heard any modern player do this. Even with slack
strings it would be a much different sound. I think it's also a difference
between playing for microphones (recording) and playing for an audience. In a
way, it's similar to how microphones changed singing. Even pop singers used to
have to project, now they just turn it up! Thanks for the input.

Chris