Since we are on such a lutenisticly relevant subject: there are MANY types
of deafness out there and some permit hearing music, but not speech (I had a
colleague who was a pianist who had to read lips).
Having said that, Dan Shoskes is a professional surgeon, but he is a
gentleman, so he has the tact not to mention his scalpels on this forum.
RT