Indeed the last question seems to be the important one.
I'm not really sure, but it could mean something like:

Does it matter? or What's the odds?

On the page http://www.operone.de/spruch/spr/s132.htm
I have found the explanation that everyone should do what he thinks is the best
and not ask for the thoughts of others, that are contradicting very often.

Best
Markus