from one old hand to another ... thanks - very useful.

- bill

--- Jon Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >   jim abraham wrote:
> >
> > > I'm wondering if thumb under
> > > would be less stressful.
> >
> > I can't think of a reason why it would be, but the
> only way you'll ever
> > know is to try it for a while.
>
> I doubt that the problem is your thumb under or over
> technique. More likely
> it is the actual movement (and probably the tension
> you use). Try this to
> test the strain and the pain. Put the finger tips of
> your left hand on the
> spots where the tendons of your right fingers enter
> that tunnel (the base of
> the back of your right hand). Play "air lute" with
> different angles of the
> fingers and hand. Change the hand angles, and the
> tension on the right
> fingers. Find out where it hurts and where is is
> most comfortable.
>
> Best, Jon

"and thus i made...a small vihuela from the shell of a creepy crawly..." - Don
Gonzalo de Guerrero (1512), "Historias de la Conquista del Mayab" by Fra Joseph
of San Buenaventura.  go to:  http://www.charango.cl/paginas/quieninvento.htm

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com