>From my collection of 'historic' Christmas music for voice and lute:

Th. Campion - Now winter nights enlarge the number of their hours (lute
song)
H. Lawes - A glee at Christmas (1699)
G.P. Cima - Nativitas tua Dei genetrix (1610)
Marini - Nativita di Christo (1622)
A. Schlick - Maria Zart
Messaus - A whole collection of 17th century Dutch Christmas songs, solo
voice as well as four part
Praetorius - An endless supply of German and Latin Christmas songs that are
easily arranged for one voice and lute (or just play from the score)
R. Michael - Weinachtsgeschichte (for up to six voices, but can be done with
one voice and a lute, of course. It has a capella recits for an Evangelist,
lasts 20 minutes, quite a show)
Anon. - The Coventry Carol
Anon- - There is no rose of such virtue (from the LPM collection of Five
English Medieval Carols)
Anon. - What child is this (on the melody of Greensleeves!)
Anon (Ballet MS) - Sweet was the song the virgin sang
Taverner - Ave Maria (3 part)
Th. Tallis - O nata lux (my favourite, it's not quite Christmas, but it's so
beautiful!)
J.S. Bach - Das neugebor'ne Kindelein
? - Enttre le boeuf et l'ane gris (no idea where it comes from, but it's a
sweet song)
Many Dutch medieval Christmas songs, like 'Kinder Swijcht soo moocht die
hooren'

I also like the 'standard' English carols like Away in Manger, We three
Kings of Orient are,

In this year's Christmas concerts I also play some modern songs on guitar,
but they could easily be played on lute as well:
El cant dels ocells - Catelan, it's the famous Cassals encore
El noi de la mare - Catelan, in endless guitar arrangements available
Les dotze van tocant - Catelan
A. Adam - Cantique de Noël (romantic)

David van Ooijen
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]