Vance Wood écrit:
>Most modern editions you find in print will use French Tab unless they are
>facsimile editions in which case they are basically photo copies of the
>original old print or manuscript.  I hops in some way I have provided you
>with the answers you were looking for.

Thanks to all for the replies, and apologies if I wasn't clear. Let me
phrase my question differently. Imagine a modern edition (i.e. not a
facsimile) of Italian pieces for voice(s) and lute. Would present-day
lutenists prefer to find Italian tab as in the original, or to have this
translated in the more common French tab?

Dennis