The "Lautenweltadressbuch" lists seven lutes attributed to Laux Maler
that have body dimensions available:

Width        Depth        Date/Rebuilder
33.5 cm                      ca. 1520
29.7           ca. 15       before 1550
30.6           15.8          Widhalm 1761
29.3           ca. 15.8    Edlinger 1705
28.9           ca. 13.8    Edlinger 1705
29.0           14.5          ca. 1550

It looks to me like they would have a string length between 60 and 68 or
69 cm.  That is not huge, but it is probably longer than average for the
1520s.  The body cross-section is apparently quite close to semicircular
as a general rule.

Daniel Heiman