I seem to do my most productive practice when I injure myself. My cat
dug his nail into my finger, nothing to worry about, but my index
finger hurts and will for a few days. So I decided to practice the
baseline and sing the other parts to a corente I'm learning. I'm
telling ya, there's nothing like it to find out where the flow isn't
happening and where things are shakey, both physically and mentally.

For me, learning a piece is a combination of getting it in my fingers
and head, and it seems like nearly anything out of the ordinary will
move me forward faster than playing through the piece normally.

cheers,

Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]