Hello luters,

Just out of curiosity:  how many of you, if any, play the lute with
nails?  I've been looking online at the various old paintings of
lutenists, and I can't see that any of them had long nails;  but on
the other hand, one occasionally hears of people that do play with
nails.  I've also heard it said that nail playing is appropriate when
accompanying singers or other instrumentalists.  What do you all
think of nail playing on the lute?  Another heresy perhaps?

David Rastall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.rastallmusic.com