David,

As the other David pointed to you, Toyohiko Satoh has been playing the past
few years with a technique that represents what the paintings demonstrate,
which is the right hand almost on the bridge, with the right hand
perpendicular to the bridge.  He will be performing in this manner in June
at the LSA seminar in Cleveland.

ed