I'm with Thomas.  The very open rose and the moustach-looking bridge remind me
of the wandervogels we see on ebay regularly.  How about the frets?  They
certainly aren't tied.  Are they fret slots cut with a very fine saw and
intended for modern metal frets?

  On the one hand, the guy has a great feedback rating and he seems to
specialize in rare instruments.  On the other hand, the words introducing the
ad offer you a "...chance to buy a very rare musical instrument... ...which had
been converted at a later date...."  Converted from what to what???  Not to be
cynical, but could this be among the most artfully conceived disclaimers of all
time?

  Regarding the label, would the handwriting on an original be in the
relatively modern-looking style shown, or would it be in the old German cursive
script?  If the latter, the upper case "Ch," the "H," the "o," and the "a"
would take quite different forms than those on the label in the photo.

  My two cents,
  Steve