It is square-neume chant notation on the standard four-line staff, and that
could date from any time.  1533? 1733?  Or even 1933.  (I associate the term
"black notation" with 14th- and 15th-century polyphony, which this is not.) It
might be from a printed book, it's hard to tell.  Square neumes are used even
today in liturgical books. So it's not evidence that tells us anything.

I passed the e-bay URL on to DAS. He knows an expert on Hoffmann instruments,
and would know if the label is familiar.  The wording is the same as genuine
Hoffmann labels, but that's been common knowledge for a long time. But why is
the label so worn looking?  To make it look old?

The same seller is also advertising for $10,000 a tenor sarrusophone (a kind of
metal bassoon) by Evette & Schaeffer (manufactured in France for Carl Fischer
in NYC).  While one can get a used Conn tenor of the same vintage (ca. 1920)
for a $1600 asking price, from a respected, long established dealer in old
musical instruments. He has a dozen sarrusophones for sale, a whole consort of
them in different sizes.

Evette & Schaeffer was a division of Buffet-Crampon (the famous clarinet
manufacturers--most professionals play their instruments).  The E&S division
specialized in student instruments, as the Carl Fischer label indicates. It was
mass produced for sale by people like Willson's "Music Man." An E&S saxophone
is now going for $51 on e-bay. $10,000 is absurd.

It is possible the seller is just ill-informed about musical instruments.
Hoping to make a killing on e-bay.  It is strange that he does not identify
himself, or where he lives.  Surely one would do a lot of investigation before
shelling out even a few bucks for such a questionable instrument.  I smell
Markneukirchen, whose museum owns a Hoffman viola da gamba.

ajn