I recall from a conversation with Hogwood many years ago that he told me
that when Munrow was working with the producers of "The Six Wives of Henry
VIII"
and told to come up with appropriate soundtrack music, he of course turned to
 the consort books of pieces attributed to Henry VIII himself, but then they
sounded so odd to the producers that they asked him to find something more
"acceptable" to the TV audience.  They settled on pieces by Susato  instead!

Kenneth Be