> Jacob Heringman has a new CD out on Magnatune.com called "Blame Not My
Lute"

Yes, as has been pointed out the CD accompanies one of the Lute
Society's publications.  Chris Goodwin, the secretary of the Lute
Society, has provided the following information about it:

****
At last! A book of easy lute pieces with accompanying CD/downloadable
recording

Dear all

The Lute Society, in conjunction with www.magnatune.com is pleased to
announced a significant development in modern lute learning/teaching:
the first book of easy lute pieces with an accompanying recording [as
far as I know] since Tony Rooley's 'New Varietie of Lute Lessons' of
over 30 years ago.

The recording is Jacob Heringman's 'Blame not my Lute', and you can
download it from www.magnatune.com, - which in case you didn't already
know has a free, try-before you buy, live streaming option - and not
just samples, you can hear the whole thing before deciding.

Or you can buy an old-fangled CD from the Lute Society if you don't want
to / can't download.

The music on the recording is the whole of the book of '58 Very Easy
Pieces', published several years ago. The repertoire consists of popular
Elizabethan tunes and grounds, as found in the Lodge, Dallis and Ballet
lute books, material from one of Le Roy's tutor books (of 1568), and
Italian dances from Caroso's Il Ballarino (1581) and from a manuscript
now in Bavaria.

If you want a copy of the CD, or the book, or [hopefully!] both, just
email the Lute Society secretary, Chris Goodwin, for details:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]