After Phalese stopped publishing his anonymous lute settings there
seems also to be a dialogue  between the English and Adrianssen too.
Light of Love is nearly identical in Ad (Saltarello Englesa, 1584) and
the Board book. Conversely, the Pickering Battle duet borrows many
devices from A's dances.

Even earlier in the century, the fact that a continental instruction
book was deemed viable enough to translate to English suggests that a
market was opening up.

Arthur, do we know the sources used for the Marsh book's French
chansons?

Sean