Dear  Arthur

> David, does the orchestra have two viola parts?

It's the concertino in F: two violins, crembulum (=jew's harp), 8-course
mandora in e' and basso.
There's one movement with what I feel to be an Austrian happy-dance like
melody, so I'll keep an eye on the audience there. The rest is standard late
baroque / early classic concerto music. Clear phrases, well defined
melodies, simple harmonies (it has to have, given the limitations of a jew's
harp). It's needs harps, actually, one in C and one in F, played
alternatively. They gave me a score and a cd with very modern string
players. But this is such a soft instrument! I can only hear the subtle
(...) nuances with headphones on. I'm sure they will have to mic the
instrument, or we need _very_ good baroque string players, who can play
_really_ softly. But I heard we'll get modern players.

I understood Albrechtsberger wrote 12 of these concertinos, of which four
survive. But other sources write about two or three. They are indeed from
his period in Melk (I was there to play two years ago: great place!).

David