Dear Lute List,
Below is some information about a lute that was stolen in Northern
California recently.  If anyone comes across this instrument they should
contact

Terry Mills
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>The lute was made for me on Donna Curry's suggestion in England by
>Christopher Challen in 1979.  It was modeled after an anonymous Paduan
>lute he had in his private collection that was originally built in the
>early 1500's and renecked to accommodate 8 courses near the end of that
>century.  Pine top showing the usual marks from fingers, dark plum staves,
>ebony veneered neck with walnut (?) pegs.  It was in a case of aluminum
>covered in black, with a red, plush interior by David Sullivan.
>The only identifying label is in the lute, reading "Christopher
>Challen."  No date.

Nancy Carlin Associates
P.O. Box 6499
Concord, CA 94524  USA
phone 925/686-5800 fax 925/680-2582
web site - www.nancycarlinassociates.com
Administrator THE LUTE SOCIETY OF AMERICA
web site - http://LuteSocietyofAmerica.org