One more:
Emanual Adriaensen: Novum Pratum Musicum Longe amoenissimum 1592.

The 8th course (D) has an extended horizontal line through it whereas
the 7th (F) has a short line. This seems to predate the diagonal slash.
Not much harmonic material is given to the 8th course and it is usually
a reiteration of the D-chord root.

A quick look at the Pratum Musicum of 1584 showed quite a few 7th
course indications (short lines) but no 8ths. In both books the 7th
course is occasionally fingered.

Sean Smith