Dear collective wisdom,

in the Saizenay ms. there is is a marking in one theorbo piece that is
(probably) borrowed from guitar tabulature signs. In the beginning of
the Chaconne, in page 288, there is the chord progression named "pour la
Chaconne", where the writer has used eight notes after the chords. The
notes are pointing upwards - I mean the flag is up. I suppose that means
that you have to stroke the chord with one finger. But what about the
direction? How is in (French) mixed guitar alfabeto? Note pointing up -
a stroke from bass to discant or the opposite? Or perhaps that marking
in theorbo tabulature means something else?

All the best,

Arto

PS BTW, at the the of the Chaconne the final variation has interesting
   division of quarter notes to 5!