In einer eMail vom 24.09.2006 14:41:18 Westeurop=E4ische Normalzeit schreibt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Has is ever occurred to you that Karamazov has gotten into the big league
> on
> the basis of his IRREPROACHABLE MUSICIANSHIP? Or because he plays so well
> that he is capable of expression?
> He has done well for himself even without Sting's help, testified by his
> archlute Bach/Britten CD.
> If you are in the vicinity of Lugano next February:
>
> 16.02.07         Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana
>                Karl Kohaut- Concerto for lute and orchestra
>                Arvo P=E4rt- Fratres for electric guitar and
> orchestra
>                    Soloist Edin Karamazov
>
> Not bad for a kid from Sarajevo.........
> RT

I have never heard of him apart from his work with Andreas Scholl which
didn't impress me at all. I found the Scholl Musical Banquet CD to be a total
catastrophe, the sort of thing thrown together by record company bosses with an
eye
for the main chance. Bach/Britten on archlute doesn't interest me at
all,quite pointless.I am interested in authentic early music and rock music, he
isn't
authentic enough for my taste and he doesn't rock either :).

So I will let people with an IRREPROACHABLE taste like you to enjoy his
talents.

I also don't see what him coming from Sarajevo has to do with his musical
qualities. But now I see from your emphasis that it is probably good for the
marketing department of DG.

To return to my question in an original posting, why does he use an archlute?
Please note I am not interested if Mr. Stubbs uses an archlute as I believe
you already posted.

Also playing Kohaut with the modern orchestra Orchestra della Svizzera
Italiana is not exactly an impressive gig. It seems he has cornered all the
jobs
that "authentic" lutenists would probably turn down. Bravo !!!

I saw that Andre Rieu had a lutenist on one of his CD's maybe you can give Mr
Karamazov a tip, could be great for his CV.

Mark