In einer eMail vom 26.09.2006 20:27:11 Westeurop=E4ische Normalzeit schreibt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Hammered dulcimer is as 'HIP' as it can only be (for the 15th - 16th
> century
> European music) and may not even be, as is widely believed, of 'oriental'
> origin ...
>
> Alexander

Hi,

I don't doubt that there were Hammered Dulcimers played somewhere in
renaissance europe. But as in the overuse of percussion in renaissance
performances
today I don't believe they were widely used.
But I would love to be proved wrong.
Any evidence for widespread use of them in the 16th century?
No I don't believe they are evil and you are right if they existed then it is
not un-HIP to use them.
Mark