Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. September 2006 22:07
An: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Betreff: [LUTE] The last word goes to Sting

Hi,

I may have overshot the "Mark" that you usually know, in the last few
days. I
have a bad cold at the moment  maybe extreme HIPness is also a viral
infection.

So I will let the "Maestro" Sting have the last words taken from an
interview
online at about his Dowland project...
http://www.stern.de/unterhaltung/musik/570529.html?q=sting

"Fakt ist, dass wir derzeit am Ende des Pop stehen, der dauernd
monotoner
wird. Der Rock liegt im Sterben."

my attempt at a translation....

"It is a fact, that we are at the end of pop music, that is becoming
more
monotone. Rock music lies dieing"

A strange comment when you consider that at least here in Germany
innovative
Rock albums such as the the latest CD's by Muse (who have also claimed
to be
infleunced by renaissance music) or Billy Talent went straight to the
top of
the charts, but he has told us the the "truth" so I am sure he knows
what he is
doing with his archlute :)

Mark